New report on Ubisoft reveals more shocking sexual harassment allegations • Eurogamer.net

A new report on Ubisoft has revealed more shocking sexual harassment allegations against its male staff.

French newspaper Libération (French language, paywall) published a report on Friday 10th July that digs further into Ubisoft’s toxic working culture after a month of disturbing revelations about the Assassin’s Creed maker.

The role played by Serge Hascoet, chief creative officer at Ubisoft, is explored in the piece. ICO Partners boss Thomas Bidaux translated snippets from the article, and published them on Twitter.

Content warning: This story contains upsetting content. Reader discretion advised.

To see this content please enable targeting cookies.

To see this content please enable targeting cookies.

To see this content please enable targeting cookies.

To see this content please enable targeting cookies.

To see this content please enable targeting cookies.

To see this content please enable targeting cookies.

To see this content please enable targeting cookies.

To see this content please enable targeting cookies.

To see this content please enable targeting cookies.

To see this content please enable targeting cookies.

According to Eurogamer’s own translation, the piece claims the head of HR at Ubisoft Montreal has threatened to quit with half his team unless Ubisoft boss Yves Guillemot makes a public statement absolving them of any responsibility for the toxic culture there.

Earlier in July, Splinter Cell and Far Cry creative director Maxime Béland resigned from his post at Ubisoft amid claims of misconduct. Ubisoft reportedly put two senior executives and “several other employees” on leave after multiple allegations of sexual assault and harassment were made against a number of Ubisoft employees, including vice presidents Tommy Francois, and marketer Andrien “Escoblades” Gbinigie. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla creative director Ashraf Ismail also recently stepped down after allegations surrounding his personal life were posted on Twitter.

In a public statement issued in June, Ubisoft said it was “truly sorry” and confirmed it had “started by launching investigations into the allegations with the support of specialised external consultants”.

Guillemot had detailed a set of changes to its internal processes and top editorial board. “We have significant work to do to improve the ways in which we operate and collaborate, and I am personally committed to ensuring we make these fundamental changes. They need to be profound, and we need to implement them quickly at all levels of the organisation,” Guillemot said.

The fresh allegations come ahead of this Sunday’s Ubisoft’s Forward event, at which the company is expected to show off Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla, Watch Dogs: Legion and Far Cry 6. Eurogamer has asked Ubisoft for comment on the latest set of allegations.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*